God Bless Our troops

2:03 AM Edit This 0 Comments »

I wanted to interject a special post among all this delicious food and vacation review... we were leaving the Greenbrier this afternoon and after flight cancellations (big surprise right?) we had to take a 2 hr bus ride to Roanoke, WV to catch another flight. When the hotel shuttle arrived at our location, we saw a nice-looking young man dressed in army gear, saying goodbye to what I assumed was his mother and father. It caught me a little off guard and I found myself wondering what his story was... he was on the bus with us so we did find out that we was heading to GA to fly out for his second tour in Iraq, for 14 months. My heart broke a little when his family drove by the bus waving to him through the window- I could see the sadness and fear in his mother's eyes. My mom, sister and I all thanked this soldier for his service and wished him well before we parted ways. Times like this make our war such a harsh reality. I'm not big on vocalizing my political opinions (this is NOT that kind of blog...) but I hope this story will cause you to take a minute to say a prayer, or just appreciate what the men and women overseas are sacrificing for us everyday.

...so to the brave young soldier on our bus today, who's name we did not catch, I wish you well. Thank you and we are proud of you.

0 comments: