CHANGE Came to Gainesville

6:32 PM Edit This 0 Comments »

As I have mentioned before, I am trying to keep my political views out of this blog :) but I did think that you would all find this experience interesting. On Wednesday, October 22nd, Gainesville became a stop along the Barack Obama Campaign Trail. I am little late in posting this but wanted to get it up for you. I took a long lunch break to walk downtown and join the masses (the paper reports 10,000) to see our future First Lady. This was the first polotical rally I have ever attended and people were pumped! All ages and races came decked out in their Obama gear. One guy had a home-made knit hat of the Obama circle logo. Impressive. We had to wait it out for the 10-15 commissioners, senators, and other government officials to introduce each other and give short speeches. The main message was go get out and vote early. FINALLY a UF student introduced Michelle- she wore a light blue blouse and a flowered skirt and spoke about all the great "changes" her hubby wants to bring to Washington. :) She gave a great presentation, as expected, but I had to leave early to get back to work. Glad to say I was a part of it especially now since she officially IS the Future First Lady.

The Downtown Hippodrome Theater


(click on the picture to get a closer view)


The masses! (my view from atop a chair... in heels!)




There's always a few in the crowd...this is a college town after all!

0 comments: